Despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, 2020 was another record-breaking year for the global offshore wind sector:
• additional installed capacity increased by 5.2 GW, with total global installed capacity hitting 32.5 GW;
• global investment in the sector reached US$30 billion;
• 15 new projects went into operation, bringing the total number of operational offshore wind projects to 162 (globally);
• the average size of newly operational projects was 347 MW (compared to 325 MW in 2019); and
• full-time jobs in the sector reached an estimated 297,000.
Read the full Orrick report on offshore wind outlook by clicking here